Posted August 27, 2018
The world is changing, and the business of being in Hair and Beauty is absolutely no different. From payments to new technology, salon owners need to stay up to date with the changes in their industry and the way that business is changing to ensure that they stay relevant in a rapidly evolving marketplace.
Salon After Pay Systems
The biggest thing in the hair and beauty business since the handheld hairdryer, salon after pay systems allow your customers to pay for their treatments in instalments without a lump sum being pulled from their bank account in one hit. Similar to a credit card in their ‘buy now, pay later’ mentality, these salon after pay systems don’t charge outrageous interest fees to the end user. The salon doesn’t have to manage anything except the integration into your salon system – all payments, collections and invoices are handled by the salon after pay system. They offer great value for salon owners as you get paid immediately while adding value to your customer by stretching out their payments – which usually means that you can sell them more treatments or home-care products without them baulking at the bill.
Speak to HABA Alliance Partner BeautyPay to get a salon after pay system installed in your hair or beauty salon.
We know that digital marketing is one of the biggest changes to business in the past 50 years. Websites, social media, Google Adwords, online review sites – there’s plenty going on for salon owners to try to be on top of. Here are our top tips for digital marketing for salon owners.
- Have a website and update it regularly. Include your pricing, your team and pictures of the work you do. Install analytics so you can see what people do on your site and where they come from
- Create a blog within your website where you can share posts – whether its news from the salon, photoshoots, case studies of your work, wedding work or similar, having content that updates regularly is good for your search results and gives customers a reason to go back to your website
- Utilise social media and share pictures of your work on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest – these are the main platforms for the hair and beauty industry. Use #hashtags to get more discovery and a good before and after is always going to attract attention
- Google Adwords is a great way to do paid advertising online. Set up campaigns targeting specific local areas and only pay for what people click on.
- Send emails out to your customers showcasing new products, new services or great work through a system like MailChimp
- Pay attention to your online reviews – they usually appear towards the top on a Google search and will have a massive influence on new customers coming into your hair or beauty salon.
If you have your website set up and ready to go, there’s no reason you can’t be selling a retail product online. It’s definitely extra work, but if you do it right you can move more retail product with less staff and less fuss – and that means more money in your pocket at the end of the month. Speak to the person who built your website to look at ways for you to sell everything from makeup to hair dryers and shampoos online.
We know how difficult it is to find staff in the current climate, and how difficult it is to know whether they are any good before they come into your salon. Use the internet to look for staff, whether its online job boards or posting on social media that you have an opening. If you’re not sure about the training college that a potential applicant went to, then look them up online – if they’re still in business they may be alright. If you’re not sure about the salon that they did their training with, look up their work online and see if they produce good hair. A bit of research will help you ensure that you’ve got the right person for the job before they come into the salon for a trial.
By staying up to date with the latest changes in business and the hair and beauty generally, salon owners can get better efficiency for their time and ensure that they are ahead of the curve. Stay up to date with changes happening in the hair and beauty industry thanks to HABA – we keep our salon owners informed and in front and provide support when they need it to ensure that salon owners are always on the front foot in their business. Get in touch with the team at HABA by calling (02) 9221 9911 or emailing email@example.com today
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Copyright © Hair and Beauty Australia | ABN 781 333 722 00